Sunday 29 May 2011

thoughts of a film student: Females + the Film Industry

I just had to re-blog this post from the blog of my very good-friend Monique and I encourage you all to read it. It's an interesting insight into the fact that film is one of the last few industries where equality between the genders is still very unbalanced and in favour of men. Female directors are noticeably outnumbered by men, and not just by a little bit but by a ratio that is outstandingly large in this day and age. This is something that I personally, as well as countless other people would like to see change in the near future. Although I am aware that in saying that I am probably holding my hopes too high.  

thoughts of a film student: Females + the Film Industry: "It was probably going to happen eventually and writing about Jane Campion got me thinking about women in the film industry, so here’s my ran..."

1 comment:

  1. It's nice that you're supporting you're friend. I'm all for equality between the genders but you are holding your hope a little too high. It would be great to see more female directors making their mark in the film industry, but you have to be realistic, men will always outnumber women dramatically in that industry.

    ReplyDelete